27 November, 2014

Guillermo del Toro talks "Pacific Rim 2"

Guillermo del Toro has been speaking recently with Collider about the sequel to his hugely successful 2013 blockbuster "Pacific Rim". When asked about the timeline he said;

"It’s a few years after the first one.  It’s not an immediate follow-up.  It is the world having been freed of Kaiju, what happens to the world after – what happens to the Jaeger technology once the Kaiju are not a threat.  It’s quite a jump."
 
Del Toro went on to say;
 
"Yes.  It’s quite a different movie from the first one in that, but I think that two of our main characters like in the first one are Burn and Charlie.  They are really, really – I mean, honestly, they are probably the guys I have the most fun writing along with Hannibal Chau so just from a purely selfish drive, I like writing them.  I love writing for Charlie and Burn.  I mean, [Burn's] in Crimson Peak for that reason, because I love working with him.  You’re gonna get a lot of that, but the Kaijus are very different and you’re gonna see a very different type of the robots I think.  It’s gonna be quite a different adventure."
 
Also with this interview coming out, in the past couple of days we have learnt from Forbes that Guillermo del Toro has given in his finalised script for Warner Bros and DC's "Justice League Dark". When we will see that is down to WB executives moving it forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment