31 January, 2014

Neil Marshall boards "Constantine" pilot

British film director Neil Marshall known for making his name in the B movie horror world where he created gems like "The Descent", "The Descent Part 2" and a personal favourite of mine "Dog Soldiers" of which I have wanted a sequel for it since I was I lied my way into watch the original when I was 12 ha. Has according to reports signed on to direct the pilot of NBC's adaptation of DC Comics Constantine which has recently been moved from DC Vertigo to their New 52 arc.

The show has been in development for the past few months and recently NBC has ordered a pilot, the story of which was conceived by David S Goyer and Daniel Cerone ("The Mentalist" and "Motive") and scripted by Cerone himself. Reports are saying that the show could air as early as this fall in the States.

 Along with the announcement of Marshall's attachment comes a synopsis; 
"Constantine centers on John Constantine, an enigmatic and irreverent con man-turned-reluctant supernatural detective who is thrust into the role of defending us against dark forces from beyond."

I always have a lovely little warm feeling in the pit of my stomach when a fellow Brit gets a big job, gives me that extra bit of hope that maybe one day I could do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment