04 March, 2013

Oscars update!

I know I was meant to do an update about all the winners and nominees for The 85th Academy Awards, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I don't agree with the films that are usually include in the lists, it's always the artsy fartsy drama films that make the nominations an I for one don't enjoy that crap as much as I do say "The Avengers" or "The Dark Knight Rises".

This years Academy Awards was even worse for "snubs" than most years I remember according to EVERYBODY I have spoken to has told me that Leonardo DiCaprio in "Django Unchained" was incredible an should easily have been nominated for a Best Supporting Actor accolade.

Best Adapted Screenplay how on earth did that not go to "The Avengers" and instead go to "Argo" I will never know.

Plus I know that "The Cabin In The Woods" isn't everybody's cup of tea, but Best Original Screenplay? Maybe? I mean hell was it original ha!

Best Visual Effects, "The Dark Knight Rises" not even get nominated? That football stadium scene was amazing, much, much better than the effect in "Snow White And The Huntsman" in my opinion.

Best Director, I didn't seen Kathryn Bigelows name in there? "Zero Dark Thirty" was a pretty great film.

Best Original Screenplay, what about "Looper" probably one of the better Sci-Fi films released in recent years, yet again not even nomiated.

This post alone is the main reason that next year I will NOT be involving myself in the Oscars, I've given up on the award it's terrible!

However, a HUGE congratulations to fellow Brit Daniel Day Lewis on becoming the first ever man to win 3 Best Actor Oscars what an achievement!

No comments:

Post a Comment