15 August, 2012

Liam Neeson, why "Taken 2"?

When I heard there was going to be a "Taken" sequel my jaw nearly snapped in disbelief, I mean why, why on earth would they make another. How do they do it? Does the daughter get kidnapped again? Does his wife get kidnapped? I jokingly said to a friend imagine if the kidnapped his wife in revenge, boy I hit the nail on the head there. Well looks like I wasn't the only one who didn't understand the idea of a sequel, the star of the first Liam Neeson also felt the same way;
"The first one for me was just a one-off. It was a huge hit, but I thought ‘That’s it.’ Then Luc Besson came back and said, ‘We want to do a sequel.’ I said, ‘Come on, how can you possibly do a sequel? What, she gets taken again? It’s crazy!’”
The trick the producers have pulled to get around this problem is simple: have Bryan Mills (and his wife, Lenore, as played by Famke Janssen) be the ones who are taken, with his daughter, Kim (Maggie Grace), the only one on the outside who can help.
“I’m able to, in a very covert way, instruct her to find out where I am being held because a sack’s been put over my head and I’m in the middle of a fucking dungeon!” explains Neeson. “It’s highly impossible yet equally possible."
I mean don't get me wrong the film will more than likely be a huge hit, I for one will not be rushing out to see it. From what Neeson was quoted as saying it really doesn't even seem he knows what the heck is going on with this film. Also we have a theatrical trailer for the film which you can see below.

No comments:

Post a Comment