Here are some of the major details that came from the recent interview that was done with Entertainment Weekly;
- The first two seasons will be based on the "Red Dragon" novel.
- The series will involve: "Lecter teaming to solve crimes with empathic FBI profiler Will Graham… For the first time, viewers will spend quality time with Lecter while he’s at large and before the world knows his secrets, working side by side with a similarly brilliant man who is destined to catch him."
- Fuller mentions that his Hannibal won’t be the same we’ve seen in the movies: “There is a cheery disposition to our Hannibal. He’s not being telegraphed as a villain. If the audience didn’t know who he was, they wouldn’t see him coming. What we have is Alfred Hitchcock’s principle of suspense — show the audience the bomb under the table and let them sweat when it’s going to go boom. So the audience knows who Hannibal is so we don’t have to overplay his villainy. We get to subvert his legacy and give the audience twists and turns.”
- Entertainment Weekly describes the show as a: “crime procedural featuring two very smart investigators — but one of them is a serial killer”. They also say that the show format will change once it is discovered who Hannibal really is.
- Seven seasons are planned: “Doing a cable model on network television gives us the opportunity not to dally in our storytelling because we have a lot of real estate to cover… I pitched a seven-season arc including stories from various books.”