14 January, 2013

Let's talk Justice League

You all know that back in June, Warner Bros announced that they were bringing Justice League to this big screen. According to some reports, screenwriter Will Beall has been hired to write the screenplay,if you aren't familiar with his work. He has worked on the TV Show "Castle" as a write plus he wrote the screenplay for "Gangster Squad" plus rumours are suggesting he has been hired to reboot/remake "Lethal Weapon" and "Logan's Run".

Both Nolan and Snyder have said in the past that their films are stand alone projects, in a way restricted to their own universe. But, that doesn't mean that another director won't go back and recast actors who have previously played roles.

Batman

Sam Witwer, don't know what it is but for a few years now since I seen him in "Smallville" I've thought Witwer would be perfect for the role of Batman. I've thought about a new Batman since the second I heard Christian Bale's stupid fucking voice in "Batman Begins". Since I started doing this piece I kept looking back at Joe Manganiello as a possible Batman but I put him down as a possible Superman in all seriousness I would be happy if he were cast as either but for now my first choice is Sam Witwer.

Superman

Seen as Henry Cavill is already Superman, I guess recasting Cavill as Superman for "The Justice League". Lets say though that the studio wanted to go a different route an make the film a complete stand alone no previous affiliations to Nolan's Trilogy or Snyder's "Man Of Steel", if that were to happen my first choice would be Joe Manganiello the BIG guy from "True Blood" (the dude on the right).

Green Lantern

Without any hesitation do I go straight to Nathan Fillion as my Green Lantern, he already voiced Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) in "Green Lantern: Emerald Knight" & "Justice League: Doom". Plus with this being a stand alone film Fillion is able to play Hal Jordan, he can't do a worse job than Ryan Reynolds did in 2011.

Wonder Woman 

Wonder Woman, now this is a actress I mulled over for nearly an hour I just couldn't pin point a single actress I'd personally hire. Doing a bit of research I seen names like Megan Fox, Charlize Theron and Sienna Miller thrown about for me none of them make the cut. Then I remembered watching "Haywire" a few months ago, while the film was pretty bad I remember watching Gina Carano and thinking this woman is bad ass who is she. Turns out she used to be an MMA fighter/kick boxer before she became an actress an we all know Wonder Woman loved to kick ass.

Flash

This is another decision that took a while, but eventually settled on Justin Timberlake from he is a funny guy and a decent actor plus he has the build an actor would need to play Flash. Other actors I was considering were Joel McHale & Ryan Gosling.

Martian Manhunter

Ah, Martian Manhunter the forgotten member when the conversation of Justice League comes up people forget about him. In my opinion he is probably the best aside from Superman & Batman for obvious sentimental reasons ha. A lot Martian Manhunter would be CGI due to the fact he shape shifts a lot, so it would take a good actor to potray him during the none shifting scenes that why I settled on the incredibly talented Idris Elba.


An that's my select 6 actors and characters a lot of other people talk about possible use of Aquaman, Hawkman, Captain Marvel, Green Arrow & Black Canary. All great hero's in their own right, but these are my 6 but for the sake of it, here would be my choice for the other members that could be used an will definitely considered.

Green Arrow & Black Canary


 Another decision that took no hesitation, have you guys seen "Arrow" on CW (USA) Sky1 (UK) its easily one of the best shows on right now an they dynamic these two have is incredible.

Hawkman & Captain Marvel


I chose Channing Tatum purely on how he looks, I realise how that sounds but he looks just like what I imagine Hawkman in real life would look. Plus, check out Patrick Warburton it's like Captain Marvel was based on him ha ha.

Aquaman

I'm gonna go with Jensen Ackles, not just because I'm a huge "Supernatural" fan but I also think he has that pretty boy look that Aquaman needs but he still has his rugged side too.


I'd love to know what you think of my selections, plus let me know of any possible story archs you think they could take when they make the film. I never really read Justice League growing up so I know very little about the stories they undertook, plus I'd like to know who you guys would pick for your Justice League movies.




No comments:

Post a Comment