20 February, 2014

My 5 guilty pleasure movies!

When I seen Kieron over at What About The Twinkie? had done a top 5 guilty pleasures, I thought it was a great idea an decided to steal it ha. His list is pretty great an includes a film that will be going in mine also.

Commando was a VERY close 5th, I watched it again recently, that film is like a spoof of 1980's Action without even meaning to be. Another honorable mention would have to be Jean-Claude Van Damme's WHOLE filmography I have liked pretty much everything the man has released.

5 - Showdown In Little Toyko
"Showdown In Little Tokyo" where to begin with this gem, this is all time favourite Buddy Cop film of mine, and this film saw the first big American release for Brandon Lee, son of everybody's favourite Bruce Lee. He teamed up with Dolph Lundgren in a very tongue in cheek Action/Comedy, which had a line in that I have not forgotten to this day about 15 years after seeing the film "just incase we get killed, I wanted to tell you, you have the biggest dick I've ever seen on a man" that is from Lee to Lundgren ha! It isn't the greatest film, however it is full of all the great aspects you want in an Action/Comedy. Just an extremely fun watch.

"Kenner (Lundgren) and Murata (Lee) both have trouble keeping their partners. Now they team up together to fight the Yakuza in Los Angeles."

Guilty Pleasure rating 3/5


4 - Deep Blue Sea
This film has such a basic plot that makes it enjoyable, the film doesn't try and be intellectual or as Kieron said "doesn’t pretend to be anymore than it is, and for that you have to respect it." I couldn't agree more. The film is just exactly what it looks like, however, can we get to how over the top Thomas Jane acts in the film, constantly falling, tripping, being a idiot in pretty much every scene. Plus this film has THE most surprising death of all time FACT!

"Searching for a cure to Alzheimer's disease a group of scientists on an isolated research facility become the bait as a trio of intelligent sharks fight back." IMDB

Guilty pleasure rating 4/5

3 - Jason X
Widely considered the worst film in the "Friday The 13th" franchise, I personally enjoyed it a lot more than I should have. Uber Jason anybody? ha, this film is just marginally worse than "Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday". I for one enjoyed the crazy space adventure involved in "Jason X" even though the film was flawed in direction, acting, effects everything, part of me still really enjoyed it!

"Jason Voorhees returns with a new look, a new machete, and his same murderous attitude as he is awakened on a spaceship in the 25th century." IMDB
Guilty pleasure rating 4/5


2 - Event Horizon
This movie gets SO much more than I knew, I have loved it since the first time I seen it so always assumed it was a good film if not a bit better than that. Seems I was horribly wrong, turns out the film made a $13 million loss an is slammed by critics with only 24% on Rotten Tomatoes, I will however say this film does the single worst actor I have ever witnessed. Other than that I love a good Horror/Sci-Fi film an this fits the bill perfectly, I highly advise you watch it.

"A rescue crew investigates a spaceship that disappeared into a black hole and has now returned...with someone or something new on-board." IMDB

Guilty pleasure rating 5/5

1 - Mars Attacks!
This movie was beyond amazing, I have watched it so many times I have lost count. I actually had a bootleg VHS when I was a kid and me an my brother watched it like every other weekend. I mean come on this film is like the ultimate B Movie, which had a budget of $100 million ha. This for me is genuinely the best worst film EVER made, will never be beaten. 

"Earth is invaded by Martians with unbeatable weapons and a cruel sense of humor." IMDB


Guilty pleasure rating 10/5
Just check this out an tell me this doesn't look like the most insanely great film you've ever seen? ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment