07 May, 2013

Luke Evans is... THE CROW!

Do we really need a reboot? No we don't ever NEED or even want reboots of the "classics" so instantly we say no it's a bad idea, however think of some of the films that are actually reboots that a lot of us love "Batman Begins", "Star Trek", "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "Ocean's Eleven" to name a few.

I think it is wrong of us to write this film off already, let's see how production goes before we give up hope. Personally I loved Bradon Lee's "The Crow", but according to big Crow fans that film was only loosely based on the comic/graphic novels. So, with how well comic adaptations are these days, I think it is safe to say we could be in for a treat.

In an interview today Evans spoke about his role,
"['The Crow'] was a very poignant film from my childhood, which I remember vividly,” Evans told Collider. “The soundtrack, also. It was such a solid performance that Brandon Lee gave. It was a very tragic end for somebody that probably would have had a very promising career.”
As for who he’ll play in the upcoming movie, Evans said, “I’m Eric Draven. I’m the same character. Obviously, he’s been refreshed and brought up to date. We’re reimagining it to a certain extent, but the story and the plot is mostly the same."

No comments:

Post a Comment