20 March, 2013

Kevin Eastman talks Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot

If you are not familiar with the name Kevin Eastman, well you should be he is the co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles along with Peter Laird. Despite disagreeing with Laird on what the upcoming TMNT film will be like Eastman believes we are all jumping the gun and misjudging the film.
In his recent release he spoke about Joss Whedon and "The Avengers" which is always a good sign, I loved the Ninja Turtles growing up even have my original Turtles from the last 1980's.

"One of the things that’s awesome about the relationship I’ve had with Platinum Dunes and Michael Bay and Jonathan Liebesman and some of the producers, Scott Mednick and Galen Walker on the series, is that It’s probably amusing to a lot of people what the press puts out there and what they say people behind the scenes really want to do with the movie, but [Platinum Dunes'] main goal is actually to make the best possible “Turtles” movie with respect to the fans and the core audience as possible. We’ve learned from movies like “The Avengers,” which to me was a superhero movie so good to me personally that I practically wept. It was perfect, you know what I mean? That’s the stuff that I grew up on. Joss Whedon just knocked it out of the park, the whole team did, and that includes choreographing all the interlocking movies. From everything that I’ve seen in the ["TMNT"] script and the development and everything they’ve asked my input on specifically, it’s gonna be an awesome, familiar, solid “Turtles” movie. It’ll have everything that fans are gonna want and then some."

No comments:

Post a Comment