26 April, 2012

No more Sam Witwicky?

This is my 300th post, an with great pleasure to say that Shia LaBeouf will NOT be returning for the fourth instalment in a pretty bad franchise "Transformers". I'm personally over the moon with this news, I thought the past two films were pretty poor an to have a good actor such as LaBeouf connected to them was unfortunate for his career in my opinion. Michael Bay is still set to produce the film, but rumours have been circulating over the past few weeks that Jason Statham was set to take over as the face of the franchise.  

"Paramount Pictures’ President of Production Adam Goodman also confirmed that Shia LaBeouf will definitely not return for the franchise’s next installment."
 
Maybe, they will cast Statham as an older Witwicky they haven't officially said there is no more Witwicky just no more LaBeouf. In the heart of all the nerds out there and original "Transformers" fans, they are wishing for the robots to be the main characters an leave the main human role behind. Mainstream movie fans will not like this in my opinion, just doesn't seem to make sense in the monetary terms. With Tyrese Gibson not so long ago pledging his faith in Michael Bay an stating he would like to return maybe they will not make an entirely new cast? But in my honest opinion to save the franchise from even more embarrassment I think they need to a completely new cast from top to bottom. Personally I'd love a reboot with the robots being the lead characters. But, with having humans as supporting cast hopefully good actors too.

No comments:

Post a Comment